Unit Topic: Aerobics
Unit Topic beginning on Friday: FITT Principle
Project: Creating an Aerobic Dance Routine
Project on Friday: Stroll Routine
Standards covered this week:
Standard 1. Demonstrates competency in motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities.
Ex: The student will learn how to perform dynamic and static stretches.
Standard 2. Demonstrates understanding of movement concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics as they apply to the learning and performance of physical activities.
Ex: The learner will learn movements needed to create an aerobic dance routine.
Ex: Using the FITT Principle to create a workout routine.
Standard 3. Participates regularly in physical activity.
Ex: The learner will participate during class.
Standard 4. Achieves and maintains a health-enhancing level of physical fitness.
Ex: The learner will set Fitnessgram goals.
Standard 6. Values physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and /or social interaction.
Ex: The learner will show teamwork and leadership during group activities.
- - Unit Test: Fitnessgram, fitness components, Standards 1-5, and aerobics
- Task performance: Rubric: Energy, synchronization, creativity, participation, uniform, and tempo. Performance must include all parts of a workout: warm-up, workout and cool-down
- How to warm-up: Dynamic/Static stretching: Standard 1 and 2
- How to perform core exercises: Standards 1, 2 and 3
- Leadership: Standard 5
- Begin Fitnessgram assessments: Height, weight, and sit and reach
- - Warm-up: Dynamic and static stretching- Standards 1 and 2
- Exercise Session: Core and upper body exercises
- Fitnessgram assessment: Mile run, curl-ups and push-ups
- Opening/Warm-up: Dynamic stretching: Standard 1 and 2
- Review new project and rubric
- Exercise session: Lower body exercises: Standards 1 and 2
- Review FITT Principle- Frequency, intensity, time, and type